What's Up At ABAC November 24, 2020
Wednesday, November 25 – Close early at 5 pm
Thursday, November 26 – Closed
Friday, November 27 – Normal hours 5:30 am – 8 pm
No 8:15 Cycle Class
Added Class! – Burn The Turkey w/ Kristin at 9 am
Welcome To The Club!
We are overjoyed that Avila Bay Club continues to stay open and offer members a place to be safe, healthy, and happy. The latest county update only changed that we can not workout indoors, but we have been through that before and were prepared to have everything available outside again. We are blessed with our beautiful four acres! Please help us keep up the following club rules:
- Stop and check-in every time you come to the club. If you have a swimming or hot tub reservation, please let the desk staff know that so they can be sure to check you into your swim reservation as well. This will avoid a no-show fee on your account.
- Face coverings are required in all indoor areas (except for while in the shower) and on the tennis court walkway.
- The hot tubs CAN NOT be shared with people outside of your household. Please do not use the hot tub unless it is your reserved time. Please do not ask others to share the space with you.
- The large hot tub is ok for use by those under 16 at this time, since it is household use only.
- The small pool will be closed the week of December 7 for a complete new fiberglass job. We are very excited! We will also repair the hot tub jets during this time.
- We are pleased to be allowed to open the drinking fountains again. Please hand sanitize before and after using them. Court three fountain will be repaired this week.
- The gates are free! We cut the ties this week and installed hand sanitizer at each court. Please sanitize your hands after touching the gate handle on your way in, and before touching it on your way out.
- The ball machine is now available by reservation only. This can be done beginning 24 hours in advance by calling or stopping by the front desk. It is free of charge until January 1, when we will resume charging an hourly rate for it. There are limited time slots, and times will vary.
- Please familiarize yourself with the ball machine rules before using it. They are posted at the tennis garage. We want to make sure everyone does their part to keep each other safe.
- PLEASE pick up all the tennis balls from your court when you are finished. It is not ok to leave them behind. We have a recycling container along the court walkway if you want to dispose of them.
Wool Sock Drive
November 1 – December 15
Collection Bin In The Lobby At ABAC
We are partnering with this amazing group to collect new wool socks, warm hats, gloves, and scarves. Wool socks are the best because they wick away the moisture from the feet and keep them warmer. These necessities will be distributed to the homeless through the 5Cities Homeless Coalition. There is one other drop off site and we have collected about half of their goal so far. Thanks so much for the donations!
Precision Physical Therapy And Wellness at ABAC!
Please call 805-439-3900 to schedule your appointment.
We are thrilled to have this outstanding practice right here at the club! Please join us in welcoming partners Kristen Carless and David Svetich, who are both locals to the SLO area, and combined have over 40 years of experience treating all body parts and conditions. Along with their location on Tank Farm Road in SLO, this additional location will allow them to expand in providing individualized plans of care to residents of the Central Coast.
Note: The phone number in our last announcement was not correct. Please use the number listed above.
Thanksgiving Dinners To-Go