February Newsletter 2020
Notes From The Front Desk
All Day Every Day
- Reminder that children under the age of 14 have to be supervised at all times. This is mandatory, especially around the pools. Do not leave your kids in the pool if you need to leave to get something. Please ask a fellow parent to watch them while you run to get the food, or when ordering – ask us if we are able to bring it to you. We will always try to.
- Children between the ages of 14-17 are allowed to use the club unattended by an adult but are not allowed to supervise another child under the age of 14.
- Beginning January 1, 2020, new guest waivers are required. Please keep this in mind when bringing minors (under 18) as your guest. The waiver can be completed online (link from our website) or in person at the front desk. The great news is that they are now good for two years!
- Please help lessen the spread of germs by wiping down your equipment after use, and coughing or sneezing into your arm and not into the air. Wet wipes and sanitizer spray bottles can be found in all of the workout rooms.
- Please do not move the umbrellas on the pool deck. A staff person is always willing to move them for you. They are heavy and we do not want someone to get hurt.
- Anyone is allowed to park in the electric car charging station spaces. We definitely encourage only electric car drivers to park there, but we do not enforce that. Please do not leave notes or address anyone parking there. If you have any questions, please address a staff person.
Paint and Sip
Saturday, February 22
2pm - 4pm
$45 includes supplies, appetizers and one beverage
Cindy Burnside is back! This has become one of our most requested events, so come see what all the excitement is about. Even the most beginning artist will come away with their own special canvas creation. Sign-up at the front desk or email email@example.com.
Coon Creek Trail Hike
Saturday, February 22
9 am - 12:30 pm
Join us on the scenic, intermediate, five mile round trip in the Montana De Oro State Park. We will see beautiful Monterey Pines and canyons on this narrow trail hike. Bring water and a snack, and wear long pants, as some of the vegetation may be long.
No dogs allowed in this area.
Please sign up at the club. More parking details will be emailed to you.
For more information contact Amy: 805-459-9786.
Congratulations to Employee of the Month Stefan Hardy!
Stefan has had such an awesome influence in our tennis department that he was recently promoted to head pro! We are so grateful to have him here. Stefan grew up in beautiful Orcutt, California, and loves how nice everyone is at the club and how accommodating they are. In his own words, "My coworkers are awesome". When Stefan is not playing or coaching tennis (which is rare) you will find him going out to eat, wine tasting, hitting the beach, hiking or simply hanging out with friends. Not only is he talented at his tennis craft, he also plays acoustic and electric guitar! We appreciate you Stefan, and we know how lucky we are to have such a great pro at the club.
Valentine's Weekend Spa Special
February is the month of LOVE
Spread the love by buying your loved one a Gift Card for our Spa/Salon. Suggest they take advantage of our Valentine's Special. Anyone receiving a service February 14th through the 17th, will receive a complimentary Foot Scrub/Hot Towel Treatment, champagne, and fresh local chocolates!
Gift Cards must be redeemed on February 14-17 in order to receive the Valentine's special.
Summer Blast 2020 Registrations Are Open!
Looking for something fun for your kids to do this summer? ABAC Summer blast is the place to be! Online registrations are now open! Steps are listed below:
- Log onto your Club Automation account (cacabac.clubautomation.com)
- Click on "Register for Programs" from list on left and it will bring you to "Programs" page
In "Programs" use the "All Events" drop-down menu and choose "Summer Blast"
- Click on any of the camps/activities listed under "Program Name" for more details
- Scroll through list and choose desired camp week(s)
- Click "Sign Up" and you will be prompted to "add family member"
- Click "Add to Cart"
If you have any questions or issues trying to register your child please contact Travis Hawley at firstname.lastname@example.org
6 Week Pull-Up Camp With Carly
Tuesdays beginning February 19th
$120 total (max 10 people)
How strong are you really? How strong would you like to be? Have you ever wanted to do a pull-up? Or multiple pull-ups? Come join this six week intensive camp led by Certified Trainer Carly. It will teach you the upper body and core strength needed to succeed at pull-ups! Come grow with us! To sign-up, email Kristin at email@example.com.
80's Parties for Cycle and Groove
Sunday, February 9
9:30 am and 11 am
Join us for two special 80's-themed classes! At 9:30, Mitch will offer a special 75-minute cycle class that will take you back to the 80's! Wear neon colors, big hair wigs, leg warmers, and anything else that takes you back to this fun decade! Sign up for this class in the lobby—spaces are limited!! Afterwards, continue the 80's party with Buddy and a special Groove class at 11:00am! Party on, Wayne!
Whole Life Challenge
We are off to a great start in this 6 week accountability challenge! If you didn't get a chance to participate this time make sure you get in on our next one!
For more information, contact Kristin at Kristin@avilabayclub.com.
After-School Swim Academy
Winter Session 2 Begins February 11
Get your children signed up for the Winter Session of our After-School Swim Academy! The second session starts on February 11. It lasts 2 weeks and includes 4 lessons on Tuesdays and Thursdays with time slots available between 4 and 6pm. Lessons are limited to 2 kids per instructor. The cost is $80 for members and $104 for non-members. Contact our Aquatics Department to reserve your spot!