March Newsletter 2022
Kids' Club Hours
(by reservation only - on the ABAC app under Adventure Central)
Note - We do not allow kids that appear sick, with even a runny nose, in Kids' Club.
Please make a separate reservation for each child.
Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Tuesday through Thursday 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Friday 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Saturday 9 am – 12:30 pm
Sunday 9 am – 12:00 pm
Paint & Sip
Saturday, March 12
1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Come paint something beautiful this March with our very own instructor Cindy Burnside! All art supplies and a glass of wine or beverage are included. The class is $45 per person and space is limited. Sign-up in the lobby or email [email protected].
Shamrocks & Green Beer Tennis Mixer
Wednesday, March 16
5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Start with a 1.5 hour clinic from our in house leprechauns, and end with a special craft beer tasting (with wine available)! $30 per person and members only please. Please sign-up online or through the app under Programs – Category "Tennis".
Spring Junior UTR Circuit Qualifier
3:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Junior Circuit Afternoon Matchplay Format:
- Round robin draws in groups of 4 players: based on gender and UTR/level
- Matches will be 2 out of 3 FAST4 sets for UTR 1.0-2.99 & 3.0-4.99 divisons, no AD-scoring, 7 pt tiebreak at 4-4, and 10 pt super tiebreaker in lieu of 3rd set : Matches will be 2 out of 3 6-game sets for UTR , no AD-scoring, 7 pt tiebreak at 6-6, and 10 pt super tiebreaker in lieu of 3rd set
- 3-Match Guarantee with a Finals Format (winners of each 4 player round-robin group will advance to a playoff draw)
Avila Bay - Spring Junior Circuit Qualifier Boys/Girls UTR 1.0-2.99
Sign-up link: https://app.universaltennis.com/events/92179
Avila Bay - Spring Junior Circuit Qualifier Boys/Girls UTR 3.0-4.99
Sign-up link https://app.universaltennis.com/events/92182
Avila Bay - Spring Junior Circuit Qualifier Boys/Girls UTR 5.0-6.99
Sign-up link https://app.universaltennis.com/events/92270
Pickleball Mixers – Twice The Fun In March!
Sunday, March 13 and March 27
1:30 pm – 2:00 pm Clinic w/ Kobi (New!)
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm Drop-in Match Play (No instruction provided)
This event is for members only.
Beginners – Come to the clinic at 1:30 with Kobi to learn the rules, scoring, court terminology, and stroke techniques. This will make it much easier to participate in the open match play at 2:00. $10 per person for the clinic only.
Open Match Play - Bring your paddle and come play some pickleball! It's great way to meet someone new. We will set up our temporary court lines. Please sign-up online through the app under Programs – Category "Tennis".
Miossi Open Space Hike
Friday, March 25
5:50 pm - After Sunset
Join us on this 4-mile round trip scenic hike. Take the Panorama Trail to an overlook of the new open space! The overlook has views of Reservoir Canyon to Morro Rock. Meet at 5:50 at the trailhead. Detailed driving directions will be provided. This is an intermediate hike with steep sections.
Bring: Hiking shoes, water, flashlight or headlamp, snack, and camera (optional).
Sign-up at the front desk or by emailing [email protected].
Click Here For More Information About Miossi Open Space
Group Fitness News
ABAC is excited to bring Body Pump, Body Flow, and Body Jam to our Group Fitness Schedule.
Group Fitness Items to note:
-Tuesday Zumba with Lauren at 4:15 will now be in the Group Fitness Room.
-Thursday dance with Buddy will now be at 4:30 in the Group Fitness Room.
-TRX classes require sign-ups. On the app or computer – choose the class, and click sign-up, and then register for the class.
Please don't forget to always wipe down your equipment after class. Each member is responsible for wiping down their own equipment.
Click Here To View A Complete Group Fitness Schedule
Please Help Us
- PLEASE shower off before entering the pools or spas. This helps us keep them looking great!
- No outside alcohol is allowed at the club. Please ask for a manager to assist in paying a corkage fee if you would like to bring in a special bottle of your own.
- Stop at the front desk each time to check in. We have a few new staff members as well and it might take a little more time for them to look you up and get you checked in while they learn your name. We really appreciate your patience with this. It is very helpful to us if you say your first then last name and let us know if you have a pool reservation.
- We ask that members stay with their guests at the club. If someone is meeting you here, please greet them at the front door and get them checked in. If you absolutely cannot be here with them, please call us ahead of time to grant them access to the club and let us know how you want to take care of the guest fee.
Our Oasis Grille scored a 99.5% on our recent health department inspection. Way to go Arturo, Cesar, and Heather in keeping our go to eatery in such great shape!
St. Patrick's Dinner To-Go
CLICK HERE TO ORDER DINNERS