Splashy Feet! Swim Seminar
Next Dates in July!
July 15, 19, 22, 26 : 11:30 - Noon each day
Come join us in our 87-degree small pool for our Splashy Toes Swim Seminar! It is limited to 5 pairs of parents and children and is appropriate for babies 6-months to 2.5 years old. Your instructor will show you how to get your baby accustomed to being in the pool and get them ready for lessons. Some things you're baby or toddler will learn, depending on their age and ability:
- Closing their eyes and mouth to go underwater
- Assisted floating on their back and stomach
- Leg kicking
- "Monkey walk" on the wall to get from a deep end to a shallow end
- Climbing out of a pool by themselves
- Bunny-hops in shallow water
- Hanging onto floating items for safety
- Rolling from their stomach to their back, and from their back to their stomach
- Trust and comfort in being with a swim instructor
When babies are used to being in the pool, they learn to be water-safe and to swim much faster. You will get to be in the water with your baby for the entire class and enjoy the special time together. You will learn as much as your child does as well! All babies must have swim diapers for this class.
The cost for this class is only $50 for members and $70 for non-members for four 30-minute sessions. Contact Mitch in the Aquatics Department at 805-595-7600 x111 or click here to sign up!