Tennis courts only open Mon - Thurs 8-7, Fri 8-4, Sat & Sun 8-2
ABAC Tennis Courts Opening
Monday, May 11
is excited to open our tennis courts for members again! We have
prepared our facility by following guidelines set by the county health
department, USTA, USPTA, state, and federal government agencies. We will
be diligent in our D&S (disinfecting and sanitizing) practices as
well as social distancing. You will be asked to please join us and do
your part by following all posted guidelines. These guidelines might
change in the future so please adjust accordingly.
We ask you to please remain patient with our staff and other members. Health and safety is our top priority, as we want to continue to be able to keep the courts open.
The guidelines for our soft opening are as follows:
- Courts are available Monday-Friday from 8 am to 7 pm, and Saturday-Sunday from 8 am to 4 pm.
- If you are showing signs or symptoms of being sick, please continue to self isolate, and be tested for Covid-19 before accessing the club. Members and staff will be asked to verbally verify this upon entering the facility.
court bookings will be allowed at this time. Reservations can be done
online or on the Avila Bay Athletic Club & Spa app. Please contact
Mitch Emerson or Amy Kueffler if you need help setting up your account.
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Court start times will be staggered - courts 1,3,5 start at 8 am and 2,4,6 start at 8:30. The previous time frames of 1.5 hours per reservation are still in place, along with reservations being available starting four days in advance.
- Please access the courts from the new side gate on the weight room patio, adjacent to the club's parking lot. You will see the red pop-up tent. Only the courts and family restrooms will be available, as the rest of the club is closed. An alternate entrance will be available as needed.
- Please keep personal bags/bottles away from benches and take breaks away from others.
- Use a can of balls for each team. Do not touch the balls that don't belong to your serving team.
- Please remove the tennis balls you used after play. Do not leave them on the court.
- If a ball is hit onto another court, return that ball by rolling the ball back over to the other court. Do not touch the ball with your hand.
- Lessons for up to 4 people with teaching professionals are available by contacting email@example.com. Michael and Stefan will be available for teaching during this first week.
- Only the teaching professional will touch the tennis balls during lessons.
- Try to avoid changing ends of the court, but if you must, walk on opposite sides of the net post. Avoid all touching, high fives, etc.
- Bring your own towels and water. There will be no water dispensers available at this time.
- We will have sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer available.
- We kindly ask that you not socially congregate. The courts are open now to give you a chance to get some outdoor exercise.
We will not charge dues during this soft opening period. Reservations are open now for Monday and Tuesday. Thanks for your continued support of the club. We are really excited to see our tennis friends again!