July Newsletter 2020
Summer Club Hours
(Please try to leave the Weight and Cardio Rooms for our older and immune compromised members, from 1-2 pm each day.)
Monday-Friday 5:30 am - 8 pm
Saturday 7 am - 8 pm
Sunday 8 am - 7 pm
4th of July 7 am - 2 pm
What's It Like Coming Back To The Club?
Some people have said they are apprehensive and don't know what to expect now. We say - come check it out! We have worked hard to create new and expanded spaces, many of which are outside. You don't need to stick to just swimming or tennis, as we have tons of other safe exercise options. The most people we have seen at one time in the cardio room so far is four! We can almost guarantee the whole recumbent bike room in the lobby you will have to yourself, and even the weight room is usually one or two people at a time. All the doors and windows are kept open all day, so it feels great inside! We have cardio options outside on the green strip as well as on the Cabana Stage. There is even a treadmill out there!
Let's hear from member Ty! He had apprehensions but is so thankful to have his ABAC back to help keep him on track!
Click Here To Watch The Video
Let's Get Connected With Reservations!
Please Note New Cancellation Fee Policy
Reservations are now required for the pools, tennis courts, and outdoor cycle classes (which we added more of). These reservations can be done on our website or from our mobile app. Most people are loving the reservations and knowing they will have a spot waiting for them. If you are not yet signed up for an online ABAC account, please see below for instructions. If you require help, please email [email protected], or [email protected].
Pool updates and reminders:
- Too many people are getting anxious and booking large pool swim times "just in case they might want to swim." PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT. We are finding these people cancelling at the last minute, which took a spot that someone else could have had. Please only reserve times when you know for sure you will want to come. If everyone stopped doing it, there would be plenty of open times for people to simply add a reservation on the day of arrival, so you could have more spontaneous swim times.
- If we continue to have too many cancellations, we will switch to a 24 hour ahead of time booking system, instead of four days.
- Beginning July 4, we will charge a cancellation fee of $20 for any pool reservation that was not cancelled at least 12 hours prior, and for no-shows.
- Reminder that the small pool has five household colored sections. You must reserve an area using the app or online. Please do not move over to share someone else's household section when yours is over. We have the sections scheduled in order to keep the pool under a certain capacity. If it continues to stay with mild attendance as it has been, we will consider adding another household area. Please turn the tag on your table to red when you leave. Thanks!
- If you want to swim in a lane that you did not reserve, please check with the front desk before jumping in. Some members are not comfortable asking others to get out. It is expected for the lane to be empty for them when they arrive at their scheduled time.
- We encourage two people per household to share a lane please.
Reminders From The Staff
Thank you to so many members who have been considerate and understanding with us while we continue to adjust to continuously changing systems. It has been so awesome to see familiar "eyes" coming to the club! Please respect the new and old club rules, and have patience with us while we enforce state and local mandates during this time. It is not easy to offer the excellent club experience you love while still keeping everyone as safe as can be under these circumstances.
- Face coverings are required in the lobby, tennis court walkway, and locker rooms for anyone over 2 years of age. Everyone will be asked to do this, every time they come to the club, so please do not give the staff a hard time about it.
- All equipment used must be thoroughly cleaned after each use by each member. Members have been doing a fantastic job so far - THANK YOU!! We are also cleaning all the equipment several times per hour, and each locker room almost every hour.
- Guests are not allowed access to the Club at this time and we will continue to re-evaluate this often.
- Six feet of physical distancing is required through the whole club. Please stand six feet away from staff. This has been an issue at the front desk and we are working to get additional partitions installed now.
- We are working on a way to bring back coffee service safely, so look for this amenity to return soon!
- We are not providing towels at this time.
- Please be very careful about leaving belongings behind, as we are not able to store them for very long.
$$$$ Refer Your Friends to the Club! $$$$
No guests are allowed during this crazy time, BUT, maybe it is a great time for your friends to join?! When you refer a friend or family that joins the club in July, you will receive $50 on your account!
For more information, please contact Amy: [email protected], or Travis: [email protected] in membership. 805-595-7600 ext: 105
July 6 - July 10
July 13 - July 17
July 20 - July 24
July 27 - July 31
August 3- August 7
We still have limited space remaining in our summer blast programs. If you are interested in getting your kids out of the house and getting active this is the program for you! You can register online with the steps below or by contacting Travis Hawley at [email protected]
- Log onto your club account (cacabac.clubautomation.com)
- Click on "Register for Programs" from list on left and it will bring you to "Programs" page
In "Programs" use the "All Events" drop-down menu and choose "Summer Blast"
- Click on any of the camps/activities listed under "Program Name" for more details
- Scroll through list and choose desired camp week(s)
- Click "Sign Up" and you will be prompted to "add family member"
- Click "Add to Cart"
TRIBE IS HERE!
We are off and RUNNING with our new TRIBE program! If you missed our Launch Party, there is a recording of it here! We will be launching the next season in about 4 weeks so check out what this program is all about and get in on the next one! Congratulations to our big winner Mary Bishop who won an entire free season of Tribe!!
Most of our live classes are taking place in the park behind the Pavilion. Many of the live classes will be streamed on Zoom at the same time. These classes and times are a work in progress as we navigate all of the moving parts of the club and the new space requirements needed for safety. Please refer to the online class schedule for these classes that are on your ABAC App as they sometimes change throughout the week. Be aware that inclement weather can affect these classes and will be cancelled online if necessary (check the app for any cancellations). We are also working to see what works best for our members as far as live classes vs Zoom, and what your specific needs are. Be assured we are listening and doing our best to accommodate everyone in this ever changing environment.
Click Here For This Week's Live & Zoom Classes
We will continue to email a weekly Zoom class email. All live classes will be updated on the ABAC App/online. The Zoom classes will be recorded, so they can be watched anytime in the future from our YouTube Channel. We now have over 100 subscribers to our channel - so cool!
Click Here To Access The ABAC YouTube Channel
We are still offering free Les Mills online fitness classes to members. There are over 60 classes for you to try!
Click Here To Access Les Mills Classes
Summer semi-private lessons are back! Our group lessons never have more than 2 kids per session to ensure that your little ones get lots of individual attention. Sessions run Monday – Thursday each week and include 4 lessons. We have time slots available between 9-11:30 am as well as 5-7:30pm. They are filling up fast, so please contact our Aquatics Department to reserve your spot! Lessons are $80 for members and $120 for non-members. If the group schedule does not work for you, we also offer private lessons year round that can be scheduled whenever you like.
The Spa has missed you. Every client is important to us. We are ready to welcome you back with kindness, cleanliness, and peace of mind.
Breathe. Breathe in and out. What brings you happiness? Joy? Are you taking care of yourself? Our world is changing and your world has probably changed just a little bit too!
The Salon/Spa is here for you. We love what we bring to our clients. Whether it's Nancy giving you a new hairstyle, Sandra and Rayna giving you healthy feet and beautiful nails, or Christi looking after your skin care with facials and waxing.
The massage department with Ni, Ann, and Sarah are ready to massage your tired muscles, relieve some stress, get rid of a neck or sciatica pain. They are ready to give you an hour on the heated table with hot towels on your feet.
Please schedule appointments with our friendly front desk staff or by replying to this email!