For safety and harmony’s sake,
we ask that members and guests comply with the following rules:
- Non-marking athletic shoes must be worn. No bare feet or sandals.
- No cell phones on the court.
- Shirts must be worn.
- Avila Village Inn guests may use the courts after 12 noon.
Cardio & Weight Rooms
- No cell phones.
- Athletic shoes only—no bare feet, flip flops, slippers, etc.
- Shirts must be worn.
- No children age 11 & younger. Children 14-17 may work out independently only with completed paperwork & a fitness orientation with a personal trainer.
- Children 12 & 13 must do all of the above and be directly supervised by a parent at all times.
- Use the pools and/or spas at your own risk.
- Children under age 14 must be DIRECTLY SUPERVISED by their parent or guardian, even when a lifeguard is on duty.
- Children shorter than 43 inches must wear US Coast Guard approved life vests, or have a parent within arm’s reach in the pool. ABAC provides loaner life vests.
- Showering off is required before using the pools or Jacuzzis.
- No swimming when pool is covered.
- Except for the free swim lane(s), the lanes are for lap swimming. No hanging on lines.
- For safety, the following are prohibited:
- Running, shoving, dunking, or hitting
- Screaming or excessive noise
- Diving in less than 8 feet of water
- Glass containers
- Flips, back dives, or spinning entries from the side of the pool
- No throwing balls, with the exception of sponge balls – no squirt guns of any type
- No flotation devices larger than 24” by 24”
- Children who wear diapers must wear swim diapers.
- Do not use pools or spas if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Do not use spa alone. Long exposure could result in nausea, dizziness, or fainting.
- Elderly persons, pregnant women, and those with health problems should consult their physician before using spa.
- No food allowed in pool or spa.
- Rules and requests made by staff must be complied with at all times.
- No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the adult spa.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn in the clubhouse.
ALL CHILDREN UNDER 14 MUST BE DIRECTLY SUPERVISED BY A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN AT ALL TIMES.
- The indoor (main clubhouse) locker rooms are for persons 16 and older. Younger children may use the family locker rooms located across from the tennis courts. We also have a large family restroom and outdoor shower next to the small pool.
- Parents must enter the club to drop off or pick up children younger than 14 years of age for camps, tennis lessons, Kempo, and Mini Muscles. (All other activities require the parent to remain on-site.)
- Adult fitness classes are open to ages 11 and up. 11-13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Must be 14 to participate in Spin classes.