“Where swimming is as easy as your ABAC's!”
To provide a fun, friendly, and focused atmosphere that helps develop the student's swim technique, strength, and confidence in the water.
Swim Lesson Rates
We have two beautiful pools available for lessons. Our smaller, child's pool is kept at a toasty 87 degrees year round so your little ones can learn to swim in a comfortable environment without getting too cold. For more advanced swimmers, we also teach lessons in our 25-yard lap pool.
Private Lessons are offered to members and non-members. Your child will receive one-on-one attention from an instructor at a time that fits your schedule. Private lessons are offered year round.
|PRIVATE LESSONS|| Member Rate* || Non-Member Rate|
| Single Lesson||$30||$36|
Semi-Private Lessons are offered to members and non-members. Two children maximum are paired with a single instructor. Semi-private lessons are offered year-round.
|SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS || Member Rate* |
| Single Lesson||$21/child||$25/child|
*NOTE: Children must have their own membership in order to qualify for member rates. Please see our swim lesson policies here.
You may contact Mitch Emerson at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule or book online now through our member log-on portal on this website's home page.
After School Swim Academy
Get your kids signed up for our After School Swim Academy! We are offering two sessions in January and February 2018. Each session is two weeks long, and includes four 30-minute lessons. As always, our lessons are limited to only 2 students per instructor, ensuring that your child gets plenty of personal attention and focus.
2018 Swim Academy Dates
- Session 1: January 16, 18, 23, 25 (Tuesday and Thursdays)
- Session 2: January 30, Feb 1, 6, 8 (Tuesday and Thursdays)
Available Time Slots
- 4:00 - 4:30
- 4:15 - 4:45
- 4:30 - 5:00
- 4:45 - 5:15
- 5:00 - 5:30
- 5:15 - 5:45
- 5:30 - 6:00
- 5:45 - 6:15
The Swim Academy is $65/student for members and $85/student for non-members per session. Students must have their own club membership in order to qualify for member rates.
To Sign Up
Contact Mitch in our aquatics department at email@example.com or at 805-595-7600 x111 and let us know the following information:
- Your child's name and age
- Your desired session and time slot
- Your contact information
- If you need a partner or not. If you do need a partner, let us know an estimate of your child's level so that we can match him or her with another child of a similar level.
Tadpole (Beginners, 3-5 years old):
- Introduction to water using toys, floats, and games
- Face and blowing bubbles in water
- Kicking on stomach
- Pop-up breaths
- Floating on back
- Safety skills and topics
- Pulling themselves out of the pool
- No running on the pool deck
- Always swim with an adult
- Look before you jump
- No diving in the shallow end
*All skills assisted to unassisted
*Glide with kicks unassisted 10ft
*One safety topic per day, to be reviewed the following day with the new topic/skill
*Using the small pool
Recommended: Session or Private Lessons
Pollywog (Advanced Beginners, 5-7 years old):
- Freestyle arms
- Side breaths
- Kicking on back
- Combining kick, arms, and side breaths across pool
*Using the small pool, students must be able to swim the length before becoming a Frog.
Recommended: Session Lessons and/or Puma swim team practice
Frogs (Intermediate, 7-9 years old)
- Reviewing freestyle with emphasis on side breathing
- Building endurance and stressing freestyle technique
- Bi-lateral breathing and breath control introduced
- Introduction of backstroke arms
*Using the big pool.
*Must be able to swim 25 yards freestyle proficiently before becoming a Bullfrog.
Recommended: Session Lessons and/or Puma swim team practice.
- Continuing to review freestyle technique, and further endurance
- Focus on development of backstroke with arms and kick
- Flip turns
- Treading water
*Using the big pool.
*Must be able to swim 25 yards backstroke proficiently before graduating to the Jr. Swim Team, where they will continue to learn technique for all four strokes in a fun, group setting.
Recommended: Puma swim team practice
For more information, or to register, please call the Aquatics Department at (805) 595-7600 ex 111.