“Where swimming is as easy as your ABAC's!”
To provide a fun, friendly, and focused atmosphere that helps develop the student's swim technique, strength, and confidence in the water.
Sign Up For Lessons
To sign up for swim lessons, simply do the following:
- Read our Swim Lesson Policies which provide information about cancellations and rescheduling.
- E-mail or call the Aquatics Director at 805-595-7600 x111 and provide your child's name, age, current swimming ability, and best days and times for lessons.
- If you are a non-member, ensure you have completed a guest waiver within the past 1 year.
- If you are a non-member, fill out a credit card waiver and send it to the Aquatics Director. You can take a picture of it with your phone or scanner and e-mail it or drop it off in person at the club. You can also call and provide your card number, name on card, expiration date, mailing address, and CVV code. If you would like to pay with cash or check, please let the Aquatics Director know and we will make arrangements for you to do so.
Swim Lesson Rates
We have two beautiful pools available for lessons. Our smaller, child's pool is kept at a toasty 87 degrees year round so your little ones can learn to swim in a comfortable environment without getting too cold. For more advanced swimmers, we also teach lessons in our 25-yard lap pool.
Private Lessons are offered to members and non-members. Your child will receive one-on-one attention from an instructor at a time that fits your schedule. Private lessons are offered year round.
|PRIVATE LESSONS|| Member Rate* || Non-Member Rate|
| Single Lesson||$32||$38|
Semi-Private Lessons are offered to members and non-members. Two children maximum are paired with a single instructor, and both children must be present for the lesson. Semi-private lessons are offered year-round.
|SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS || Member Rate* |
| Single Lesson||$23/child||$27/child|
*NOTE: Children must have their own membership in order to qualify for member rates. Please see our swim lesson policies here.
You may contact Mitch Emerson at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule or book online now through our member log-on portal on this website's home page.
Summer Swim Lessons
Summer is almost here and we have our schedule ready! Our summer lesson packages offer 4 lessons with no more than 2 children per instructor. This allows for a lot of personalized attention and focus for your child! All lessons are 30 minutes long and offered in our 87-degree small pool, or our 25-yard lap pool depending on the child's level.
2018 Summer Lesson Dates
The first summer session starts on Monday, June 11th, and the last one starts on Monday, August 6th. Each session includes 4 lessons that run on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Please note that since the summer sessions are at discounted from our regular group rates and they are only offered on fixed days and times, there are no make-ups or pro-rated rates for missed days.
Available Time Slots
|Morning Times|| Afternoon Times|
| 9:00 - 9:30|| 4:30 - 5:00|
| 9:30 - 10:00|| 5:00 - 5:30|
| 10:00 - 10:30|| 5:30 - 6:00|
| 10:30 - 11:00|| 6:00 - 6:30|
| 11:00 - 11:30|| 6:30 - 7:00|
The Swim Academy is $65/student for members and $85/student for non-members per session. Students must have their own club membership in order to qualify for member rates.
Tadpole (Beginners, 3-5 years old):
- Introduction to water using toys, floats, and games
- Face and blowing bubbles in water
- Kicking on stomach
- Pop-up breaths
- Floating on back
- Safety skills and topics
- Pulling themselves out of the pool
- No running on the pool deck
- Always swim with an adult
- Look before you jump
- No diving in the shallow end
*All skills assisted to unassisted
*Glide with kicks unassisted 10ft
*Using the small pool
Recommended: Session or Private Lessons
Pollywog (Advanced Beginners, 5-7 years old):
- Freestyle arms
- Side breaths
- Kicking on back
- Combining kick, arms, and side breaths across pool
*Using the small pool, students must be able to swim the length before becoming a Frog.
Recommended: Session Lessons and/or Puma swim team practice
Frogs (Intermediate, 7-9 years old)
- Reviewing freestyle with emphasis on side breathing
- Building endurance and stressing freestyle technique
- Bi-lateral breathing and breath control introduced
- Introduction of backstroke arms
*Using the big pool.
*Must be able to swim 25 yards freestyle proficiently before becoming a Bullfrog.
Recommended: Session Lessons and/or Puma swim team practice.
- Continuing to review freestyle technique, and further endurance
- Focus on development of backstroke with arms and kick
- Flip turns
- Treading water
*Using the big pool.
*Must be able to swim 25 yards backstroke proficiently before graduating to the Jr. Swim Team, where they will continue to learn technique for all four strokes in a fun, group setting.
Recommended: Puma swim team practice
For more information, or to register, please call the Aquatics Department at (805) 595-7600 ex 111.